Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Movies

Here's what I definitely want to see this summer - in order of priority:

1. The X-Files: I Want to Believe - this one is a no-brainer, right? For you readers who only know me from college and beyond, you might not know that I was a huge X-Files fan. I went to an X-Files convention and everything! I even have an autographed picture of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on my wall at home. Anyway, this is supposedly a stand-alone X-File, not related to overarching alien conspiracy story. But I hear that Mulder and Scully's relationship is a big part of the movie, and that's what I'm excited for. Opens July 25.

2. Hancock - it was a tough call between Hancock and The Dark Knight, but tie goes to Will Smith on Fourth of July weekend. I just have to try and convince Curtis to wait and see it with me since I'll still be working when it opens (I'm not optimistic). Opens July 2.

3. The Dark Knight - I really enjoyed Batman Begins, I think Christian Bale plays both Batman and Bruce Wayne very well, and I'll be honest, I think Batman is my favorite superhero. Plus it looks like the late Heath Ledger's Joker will be one for the ages. Opens July 18.

4. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 - It's definitely a big jump from 3 to 4, but I read the Sisterhood books and I loved the casting. I became a fan of Blake Lively before Gossip Girl, America Ferrera before Ugly Betty (Real Women Have Curves), and Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel) was a huge part of my life. So it's the one movie this summer that I KNOW I will enjoy. Opens August 6.

5. Wall-E - I love Pixar, and this looks like it's going to be a hit. What can I say - I'm a sucker for cute robots! Opens Today. Here's Roger Ebert's Review.

Tied at the end - These are movies that I'd like to see but my life doesn't depend on it:
Mamma Mia! - I usually make a point of seeing now annual movie musical and this will be no exception. The fact that Colin Firth will definitely help get me in the theater. Opens July 18.
Get Smart - Thanks to good reviews, I now want to go see this. It looks like my kind of humor. Here's Roger Ebert's review.
Iron Man - Same as Get Smart, reviews are good so I'll try to get to the theater and see it on the big screen (review).

No comments: