Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Updates - 6/9/08

Hi there!
The nice thing about Monday updates is that it at least forces me to post something every week, and it forces me to reevaluate everything that's going on in my life. So here goes!

Summer:
My plans are coming together as to what I'm doing this summer. I am so excited because Curtis and I just booked a room at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa in Palm Desert for 4 nights. We're going the first weekend after the 4th of July, and I'm so excited! We're going to just do nothing for 4 days: lie by the pool and read, sip daiquiris, sleep, maybe go to the spa, etc. I also got a full scholarship for a law preview program at the end of July, which is 6 days in LA working with law professors. I'm still thinking about not doing this because I want that week of vacation and packing, but we'll see. I'm also hoping to get out to Utah this summer to see my new nephew-to-be who is due on July 6th, but I might end up waiting until he's older.

Moving:
Adelyn and Ed came by yesterday to get some of my furniture for their new place, so now my front room is very empty, and has now become the Wii Fit room (see below for more details!) But I still look around and think that I have way to much stuff.

Weekend:
Friday was super fun as my friend Stephanie was in town for the weekend! We had food/drinks at Nola's and then went to Rudy's for dancing. I hadn't done the whole downtown PA partying thing in so long! I ended up going to sleep that night at 4AM so I ended up spending all of Saturday in my apartment, mostly in my bed.

Sunday I woke at about 7:45 and decided to go to Best Buy to try and get the Wii Fit and a Wii console for my parents. I got there at 8:20 and was the third person in line. The employees at BB are nice enough (and smart enough) to open the store early just for wii buyers so I only had to wait for about 2 hours before I was on my way back home with my new toys. The Fit is actually pretty cool, I banked 30 minutes of activity yesterday and I'll probably get on it tonight after I go to the gym. The strength training and the yoga would be especially good for me as I'm not very strong or flexible. But my Wii trainer thought I had a good center of gravity, so that was good to hear!

On an additional note I ended up watching Living Lohan and Denise Richards: It's complicated last night (they came on after The Girls Next Door, which I LOVE). They were rather predictable and therefore boring in their selfish self-centered "life is so hard for me" way. I think I'll stick with Bravo and the Real Housewives of NYC from now on.

That's all for today - Happy Monday!

No comments: