Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday Updates – June 2, 2008

Wedding – Just a brief update on wedding planning today. I made contact with a potential florist, Fantasy Floral, to let her know that I can't see her until July but that I'm definitely interested. She is one of my many vendors that were acknowledged as a Knot pick for 2008. I'm also rethinking the bridesmaid dresses, but I'll talk more about that in the next few weeks.

Law School – I am leaning towards a particular school, but I am giving Georgetown a few more weeks to accept me before I fill out my loan papers. On a whim I applied for a scholarship from USC to a law school prep program (it's 6 days of law school training in LA this summer) and I actually got it, so if I go to USC I might be spending 6 days this summer learning about how to be a good law student (sounds fun, doesn't it?).

Work – Work is OK, I have 5 weeks left, which seems like a long time to me. I know I will miss the people and some of the work, but I think I am ready for school and ready to be a lawyer. I was really lucky in that I was given a lot of responsibility here, without much oversight, and I got to work closely with attorneys who are both hard-working and dynamic. The cases have been really fun, especially when we have to file oppositions to class certification.

Weekend – I think I'm going to devote an entire blog post to the crazy weekend I had, so stay tuned.

That's all for now! And here's another important reminder: my house – 8/8/08.

No comments: