Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Updates - 9/15/08

Alright here we go, it's a short one today: 

Weekend: 
This weekend turned out to be pretty low key. On Friday afternoon I made the trip to the OC to have dinner w/ Curtis and his parents for his mom's birthday. We had a really fun time at Cheesecake and I was very excited to have the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake again (I tried it for the first time on National Cheesecake Day). Then I went home and hung out w/ my family that night. I got in a good ranting session about politics with my dad, talked about the social dynamics of law school w/ my mom, and threw the ball around with Jon. On Saturday morning I did my laundry and then headed back to LA around 1PM. We watched some of the UCLA game, until we could watch no longer, and then went out to dinner that night. 

On Sunday morning we saw Burn After Reading. I still haven't decided whether I liked it or not. It was a very odd movie, but I had to admit, it did have quite a few funny parts. And the trailer is a lot more amusing now that I know what all of the scenes are about. Then Sunday night I had dinner w/ people in my section at Father's Office in Culver City.  It was nice to see everyone after a weekend where I had essentially no connection with law school (I didn't even do any reading). 

Law School:
The reading is still under control since I'm still ahead in Contracts. The LLE reading was remarkably short and Torts is canceled tomorrow and Wednesday (civ pro is only Thurs/Fri). So it's nice to get a bit of a break before we have to kick it into gear and start work on the outlines. As of now I had a free lunch today, tomorrow and Wednesday(there's like, 4 different things scheduled for Wednesday lunch, and one of them includes Chipotle!) . Plus there's a party thrown by the Dean on Wednesday night and a BBQ with BLSA on Friday. And Saturday I'm attending an academic retreat with the regional BLSA (Black Law Students Association) and possibly a mansion party later that day. So as of now, I'm healthy and happy with how law school is going. I hope that holds up at least through October. 

That's all for now, nothing new otherwise. Have a good week! 

No comments: