Tuesday, September 23, 2008

8 months!

As you may have noticed from my wedding countdown, in 8 months I will be married! There are 3 major logistical implications of this –

1. Curtis (and his stuff) will be moving into the apartment. As much as I’ve been making an effort to leave space in the closet and the dresser for his stuff, it’s hard because I’m used to having a lot of storage to myself, and lets face it, I’ve been accumulating a lot of stuff over the past few years. But, we have this lovely walk in closet that still needs to be organized and we have 8 months to get ready for the logistics of co-habitation.

2. 8 months is not a lot of time for wedding planning. There are still some major things to get done. In particular I still have to book the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. There’s a long list of things that need to happen over Christmas break, like picking the menu, getting my dress fitted, etc.

3. I will be done with my first year of law school in 8 months (minus 1 week). That does not seem far away, given that the last 4 weeks went by in a blur. As much fun as I’m having in my first year classes (really, I think the classes are interesting), I will be happy when I’m done and know how I did and where I stand relative to my classmates.

It’s very exiting to acknowledge this milestone; I think once we’re under 6 months I’ll start panicking =).

No comments: