Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday Updates - 11/3/08

No class until 1:20, so I have some time to do a quick post between contracts reading!

Weekend:
Very interesting weekend, only because it involved extremes. Thursday night I went to the Halloween Bar Review thrown by the law school in Hollywood. That was pretty fun actually, I purposely did not go crazy since I was going out the following night, and I had class on Friday morning at 10:30. I went dressed as an angel with an Obama t shirt on (I was sent by God as a surrogate for Obama...get it?). Then on Friday night I went to my first mansion party in LA! I dressed as an angel again, but without the Obama shirt (didn't want to be too political). Unfortunately, I overdid it because I was really sick Saturday morning until about 5PM. Luckily I had 2 friends who stayed over with me to make sure I was okay and Curtis came over in the afternoon to take care of me. The good thing is I felt pretty normal again by Saturday night and got a lot of sleep (I was very grateful for the extra hour).

Sunday I worked on my paper all day and turned it in at 6, and then Curtis and I went to the BBQ place we love at the Grove (Woodranch) and I had baby back ribs, baked beans, a baked potato, and pomegranate lemonade! It was delicious and I still have some leftovers! So, other than those 5-6 hours or so on Saturday, I had a good weekend :-).

Law School:
Law school is starting to get intense, because in order to prepare for our exams, we create these massive outlines. I started my contracts outline on Thursday and I'm hoping to put a few good hours into it tonight. But let me tell you -- I thought I knew what law school was like but I was completely unaware that we are supposed to do these outlines. I understand the rationale, it's just a big job to do. Plus, my second Legal Writing paper is due in 3 weeks, and I want to put a lot of time into that to make sure that I get a good score. But I can't believe that it's already November and we have finals in a little over a month! It's just going so fast.

That's all for now, have a good week!

No comments: