Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quick Update

It's been so long since my last post. It's been a crazy few weeks. Here are a few updates. I hope to write a normal Monday Updates on Monday and also put up my pictures.

Last I wrote I had driven home to Mission Viejo from San Francisco. I was home for a few days, not doing a whole lot, and then Curtis and I drove out to Palm Desert for the weekend. We had such a nice time - we went to the spa and got massages, layed by the pool, ate really good food, and overall had a fabulous time. We got back on Tuesday afternoon. I have a few pictures that I'll post next week.

While we were there we found out that Curtis' brother and sister-in-law had their baby! He was almost 10 lbs! His name is Aaron, which I love - and I'm generally pretty excited that I now have a niece and a nephew-to-be :-)

Yesterday my mom and I had a very girly day doing wedding stuff. First we went to pick up my dress (!) which was very exciting. We tried it on and it fit, so yay. We do have a length issue, in that it's like, 2 inches too long, so I think I'm going to look into getting platforms instead of spending the money on the hem (and then I'll be taller!) Now the dress sitting in a closet in my house. I'll probably try it on with the veil and jewelry when I get back from SF. In December/January I'll take it back in for any alterations that are needed. There actually shouldn't be too much but no matter what, the bustle will need to be configured.

We dropped the dress off at home and then headed to the mall to start my registry! It was pretty fun, they gave me a scanner and everything. I ended up with about 50 items, which is a pretty good start. I did a lot of my glassware and I found my flatware, but I still haven't found a set of dinnerware that I'm crazy about so I need to continue the search. And I'll probably wait on the linens until 2009 so we get the right season. We also did some work on the guest list this week, so I feel like I made some wedding headway.

That's all for now - tonight I'm staying at Tracy's house in LA and we're both flying to the Bay Area tomorrow morning for some fun w/ the girls in SF! I'll be back on Sunday morning.

No comments: