Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Here are the pictures from my weekend. When I arrived in SF at Melis and Juls', this was the view from the bay windows. You can actually see the Golden Gate Bridge from there. We waited for fireworks from Telegraph Hill. Unfortunately we ended up running down the hill because from where we were it was too high to see anything.
This is from Saturday morning as we were leaving to go camping.
We stopped in Marina to put our feet in the ocean, which was a really fun detour. It was eerie because there was no one there.


Except a hang-glider...

We saw this as we made our way back to the car:

Then we made the drive through Hollister and then on to Pinnacles National Monument.
Our lovely tent!
I go into this in detail on Facebook, but 30 minutes after this picture was taken, our cooler ranch Doritos were stolen by a Mama raccoon. We were 10 ft. away reinforcing the tent!

I tried to get a picture of the raccoon as it was peeking out to get the last remaining Dorito crumbs.

We went exploring and found this rock that was pretty easy to climb.
And we saw quite a few deer in the morning that were clearly not afraid of us.
We got back to town around noon on Sunday and relaxed the rest of the day. I left at 7 the next morning and drove to Mission Viejo! I was sad to leave but I'm actually flying back next weekend, so I'll be seeing most of my friends again soon. My last week and weekend were definitely a great way to say farewell to the place that I've called home the last 5 years.


No comments: