Thursday, July 3, 2008

Last Day

I just spent the last 3 days going to work and staying in Campbell w/ Adelyn. I had so much fun down there that I'm exhausted!!! Luckily I don't have anything to get up early for tomorrow morning so hopefully I'll sleep in. Tonight I head to San Fran for a fun weekend with Melis & Juls. I'm so excited to see them and we have some fun stuff planned. I think for my end of work gift to myself I'm going to buy a camera before I head to the city so I can document my last weekend here.

Today is my last day of work - which is sad. I've really come to enjoy the people I work with and make some great friendships. I was already almost in tears this morning when one of my friends brought me my favorite Starbucks drink in honor of my last day. One of the partners in my group also baked pumpkin/choc chip bread and mint chocolate bars as a going-away treat. So now only am I sad, I'm also very full :-). 2 years is a long time for developing friendships and I'm sad that I will be far away. The one good thing is that I'm remaining in the state and will be up here for Stanford sporting events, so I will make a point to swing by Orrick for a visit. Plus who knows, I might be back in a few years!

This goodbye just adds to the fact that I am leaving this region which I have grown to love, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be back to stay. It feels like the end of an era, a fun era where I had a lot of freedom to do what I want when I want. I've grown and changed so much over the past 5 years that I feel like I'm returning to SoCal a different person. But we all move on, and I'm sure the next few years will be just as good as the last 5 - just different. I will be in tears driving away on Monday but I'm sure I'll be smiling when I pull into my driveway in Mission Viejo.

No comments: