Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday Updates - 4/29/08

Law School:
I finally got my rejection from Stanford. The nice thing was Curtis was actually at my house that day and was the one to open the letter and read it to me while I was at work. I'm not too upset because I expected it and they had spent so much time reviewing it. I think I would have been more unhappy if I had received the rejection in early March instead of late April. I am still hoping for Georgetown, and they sent an email saying that they could be contacting us before May 15, so I'm a little nervous. I sent them an email reiterating that I will definitely attend if I get in, so I'm hoping they will look past my mediocre GPA and LSAT score and say yes. I'm still torn between GW and USC. I'm hoping that I get into GTown and I won't have to make that other decision.

Wedding:
Adelyn and I are going to try on Bridesmaid dresses this week. Here's the current layout of all the dresses I'm considering:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/favorites_public.jsp?id=FCMNLEGEAF
I'm hoping to get this finalized soon, just to take something of the to-do list. We're also about to book the photographer, Jim Kennedy (as long as he's still available). I posted his website before, but here's his blog: http://www.jimkennedyphotographers.com/jkpblog/

Another related wedding issue is law school. We set the date so that it'd be as close to the end of my first year as possible so that I could still do a summer program. I had to wager whether the write on competition for journals would be a factor. Now, unfortunately, it is with USC. Their write on is the 2 weeks after finals are over, which translates to the week before and the week after the wedding. So we'd have to postpone our honeymoon, probably until Christmas, and I'd spend my last week as a single and my first week as a wife sitting in front of my computer working on the competition. For GW, the write on is 3 days at the beginning of spring break (yay!) and Georgetown it's also the 2 weeks after finals end, but on the website it says you're supposed to do it in 5-7 days. Getting on a journal is very important to me because I want to apply for clerkships for when I finish school and being on a journal is the most important factor other than grades. So we'll see what happens.

Weekend:
Curtis was here this weekend which is always nice. We went to one of my friend from work's poker tournament and fundraiser for Relay for Life. The weather was great and we had a good time playing. I was very proud that I did so well.

That's all for now, probably more to come in the next couple of days.

No comments: