Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Updates - 3/14/08

It's been awhile since I've done Monday updates, but here goes:

Law School:
This has been on the mind the most the last few weeks. I still have not heard from Stanford yet, which is frustrating. Every day I come home and make a wish in front of the mailbox that my Stanford letter will be in there. **it's funny because as I wrote this I got an email from the Stanford Alumni Association inviting me to an event called "Navigating the Law School Admissions Process"**

I went to see GW and Georgetown last week and I liked both campuses and I will visit USC this Friday. I'm also frustrated that I haven't heard anything from GW's office of financial aid yet. I'd love to go to GW but they'd need to at least give me some form of aid to make it worth it, since I got a half tuition scholarship from USC. Especially since I need to give GW $500 by Thursday to hold my seat. I'm probably going to put up the money, but I'm not happy with the way they've handled the financial side of things.

Wedding:
I haven't been doing a whole lot on the wedding lately, mostly because I'm stressed out by this whole law school thing. But I did work a little on the guest list last week and looked at more photographers' web pages. I think I'm going to plan a trip south in May to attend a bridal show and try and lock down a photographer. I'm concerned that I'll lose options because photographers will get booked quickly for my weekend.

Weekend:
I had a really nice weekend. I did a lot of chores like laundry, buying a new filter for our water pitcher, getting the oil changed in my car, but I was also able to get a lot of exercise in, between going to the gym on Saturday and walking/running the dish on Sunday morning (I'm still sore from that today!). On Saturday evening I had a drink at Old Pro with Juls and KiYonna, and then Juls and I met up with Melissa at the Stanford Football Spring Game! The weather was great and we had a lot of fun.

That's all for now. Have a good week!

No comments: