Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Endorsements - Greg Oden???

I found this website, http://theobamapost.blogspot.com/ that keeps really good track of Senator Obama's campaign, and while I was scrolling the list of previous posts, I found one that caught my eye: "Ohio State University Basketball great Greg Oden endorses Barack Obama". At first, I was like, who cares? As much as I was a fan of Oden during his one-and-done year at THE Ohio State University (the "the" amuses me to no end), I tend to draw a line with which endorsements really impress me and on first glance his endorsement fell on the wrong side of that line.

But then I went on his blog and read what he actually had to say about it, and it was endearing. Check it out here: http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/Senator_Obama_is_getting_my_vote/167640


Here is my favorite part:

"I know people might question my support of education because I left school after my first year but I had an opportunity to become something not a lot of people can be - on a paid vacation. No, I'm just playing - a number one draft pick. Yes I do plan on going back to school and getting my degree. I'm actually going back this summer for sure. Everything I look at I look at the stand point from my little cousins or my family members outside my immediate family. Everything that I'm sure my mother looked into before she voted, when me and my brother were growing up, and before I got drafted. Senator Obama is a real person. Sometimes people forget that people in the public eye are real people also. I know I did with him at first. We are all citizens of this great country and I know I'm putting in my one vote. I know it's just one small vote, but it's big to me."

I thought it was nice.

No comments: