Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm a little worried...

I had my first interview today - which went really well, I don't want to go into the details but it was a good experience. 

I got home and decided to start really taking a look at what I need to take the Bar here in February - and it turns out that the deadline (with no opportunity to file late) is October 1st. Thankfully, I can postmark on October 1st (although, I can't, because I'll be traveling back to CA for the UCLA-Stanford game).

But good thing I looked - that's what happens when you decide to not care about important things like this for the month and a half that I wasn't studying for or taking the Bar.

Anyway, I've already reached out to USC to get the ball rolling on their part. My biggest worry is that I apparently need affidavits from attorneys in Alabama who have practiced for 5 years who know me, and I don't think a 20 minute interview counts. So I sent an email to the office of admission (really to clarify the whole process), I might call them tomorrow too to make sure I can use California folks, which of course means asking attorneys that I haven't seen or spoken to in awhile to write under oath that they know me and that I'm a good person, AND have their affidavit notorized... UGH.

And I apparently need to fill something out that calls for two witnesses and a notory allowing that my criminal records be obtained, as if that is something that they really need my consent for, or that isn't implied by the fact that I am APPLYING FOR BAR MEMBERSHIP IN THEIR STATE!

okay, rant over - time to watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and tackle the rest of this tomorrow.

Oh and they're coming to pick up the empty boxes tomorrow morning, which means we will finally have a second bathroom and a balcony, which has been otherwise been used for storage of said boxes. Yay.

1 comment:

sam c.hart jr said...

Just keep working it and doing your best everyday. Things will work out. Getting the clutter of the boxes out of your life will help too. You are an amazing person. You will do great!