Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back in the Saddle...

Side note: I actually saw two guys riding horses around my neighborhood - strangest thing!

When I first arrived in Spanish Fort, I immediately went to the gym that weekend and got two good 2-3 mi treadmill workouts in. Then I got this nasty cold, and Curtis got it. So finally today I felt like it was a good day to start working out again.

In the meantime, I ordered Jillian Michaels' new video:
I just finished Level 1 - which was crazy tough - since it's been about 2 months since the time I was really in JM Shape (meaning I could get through her advanced workouts 4-5 days/week). Lets just say I'm not in the shape I was before. But I'm looking forward to getting back to it, and it was definitely a fun workout.

One problem however, is with our neighbors downstairs. I've seen the sign on their door which says they sleep during the day and work at night. Well they called the office and complained that they heard me working out. Curtis got the call and called me - I moved the rest of my workout to another room with the hopes that by moving maybe I wouldn't be right on top of them - and perhaps I will change up the way I workout - before I was thinking I'd do the video in the morning and cardio at night, I think tomorrow I will do cardio in the morning and the video at night, and maybe that will work better with their schedule. As much as I want to do what I want in my apartment - I don't want our neighbors to hate us. 

So, I'm starting back up with the workout log, while I have been extremely active these last two months and have miraculously maintained my weight despite all the post-bar partying, it's time to buckle down again - I have two goals that I'd like to meet by the end of September:

1. Get into a workout routine and make a short term, 2-3 month goal (like a certain number/level of videos, or a race, or a time that I want to run/walk 3 mi in, etc.)

2. Decide how I am going to lose the weight - I'm back and forth on whether I want to go back to WW again, whether to do it online, whether to do another program online, but I'm giving myself by Oct. 1st to decide and then I will start it. In the meantime I'm trying to eat well and control portions, but cutting myself some slack as I get back into the workout routine.

No comments: