Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winter Break Movie List

After hearing the Golden Globe Nominations today, it made me realize that once again, most of my Christmas break will be spent seeing movies. I am happy to see that there are movies this year that seem to be intellectually stimulating, as opposed to the typical romantic comedy or action thriller. Here's my priority list (with links to Roger Ebert's reviews):

1. Australia - never miss a Baz movie.
2. Seven Pounds - same with Will Smith
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
4. Frost/Nixon
5. Doubt
6. Milk
7. Revolutionary Road
8. Slumdog Millionaire
9. Rachel Getting Married (if it's still in theater)
10. Role Models

I'd also like to see a few movies now on DVD:
- The Dark Knight (I haven't seen it yet and feel ashamed)
- Maid of Honor
- Iron Man
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw Austraila. I hadn't seen any pre-views for it and all i heard was it was a love story. It was not what I expected! Honestly I don't know if I liked it or not?