Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Christmas


We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas day. On Christmas Eve I did some last-minute shopping (next year I'm buying gifts before the semester begins) and then we had pizza for dinner and went to the Christmas Eve service at my church.

After church, we drove around Mission Viejo to see the lights (not sure how I feel about Santa's new residence at City Hall) and then headed home. We have a tradition in our family that we take pictures of everyone putting the angel on the top of the tree. Because I drove down so close to Christmas everything was done except that. So we took the traditional pictures, and it was the second year that Curtis was in on the fun. It was one of the few years that I actually was dressed in real clothes and had my hair done, so I can actually share these pictures!

We always open one gift on Christmas Eve. Mine was a very pretty hand-painted USC ornament. Then we crashed, and woke up between 6 (me and my parents) and 8 (Jon and Curtis). We opened presents, made brunch, paid a short visit to my grandparents, slept, made rib eye for dinner, and watched Wall-E. We had a really nice day.

The nice thing about starting my break just before Christmas is that I still have 2 weeks off! My uncle and aunt are in town for a week so I'll be spending time with them. I have a few wedding appointments on the horizon. And Curtis and I are planning another trip to Disneyland for New Year's Eve. We're already discussing our strategy for staying awake and energized from 9AM to 2AM....it will be quite a feat.

I hope to have more pictures uploaded over the next week. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: