Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another Law School Update

Today I got word that I was waitlisted by UC Davis. All I have to say is, I'm confused by this admissions process.


It's not like I'm too upset - I was more fustrated that I hadn't received an answer 2.5 months after my application was complete. I was getting ready to withdraw my application because I knew that I would rather go to USC than Davis, and I didn't want to keep waiting. Luckily, I will have the opportunity to opt-out of the waiting list, so that should be satisfying.

It's clear that I was an unusual candidate and that admissions committees were divided on how to deal with my credentials (a Stanford grad w/ a sub-stellar GPA and LSAT, but with good work experience and recommendations).

Here's the current status of all applications:
In - USC, George Washington, American, Arizona, Loyola, Santa Clara
Waitlist - Georgetown, UC Davis
Out - U of Washington, UCLA
Waiting - Stanford
Application STILL not complete - Cornell

No comments: