Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Updates - 3/9/09

Hello again! I'm procrastinating going to the gym, so here we go:

Weekend: Curtis and I went to the mall on Saturday. He needed a new suit so we did that and while we were there I (finally!) got a new wallet and a case for my iphone so I don't destroy it at the gym. On Sunday I stayed in, studied and baked cookies.

School: Good news is I just finished Legal Research for the year. I wish I felt better about the exam, but I don't think I could have prepared any better. Unfortunately with the exception of Spring Break next week, school is about to get a lot more rigorous. I have my last paper due for legal writing on March 30th, and then starting in April I'm preparing for finals. (mark your calendars: I'm officially done with my 1L year May 14th!)

Summer Employment: I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of potential employers, but the good news is I have an offer to work at the Disability Rights Legal Center in Downtown LA! I'm very excited as this is a great opportunity. The only downside is that it is unpaid, but I am looking into finding grants.

Wedding: Lots of movement on the wedding front - I ordered and received my wedding ring on Friday. I love it and I try it on once in awhile ;-). I ordered the invitations on Saturday finally. I am now getting ready to make my to-do list over spring break, since that's really my last opportunity to get much done. I might post a blog with my checklist later tonight. I'm also very excited about the two showers that are being thrown in my honor over spring break - it's great to have the festivities actually begin.

Health/Wellness: No word on the celiac blood test yet. I am seeing an allergist (for unrelated symptoms) tomorrow afternoon so I might find out. In the meantime I've been eating a lot of gluten-rich food. Curtis keeps teasing me saying that if I find out that I don't have it I'll have to then work on losing all the weight I gained thinking I did. One somewhat distracting thing is all the headaches I've been having the last couple of weeks. Some of you know that I have this funny habit of getting headaches on Saturday mornings. Well - I had a severe headache on Friday and a more normal one on Saturday morning this week. It could be anything from dehydration to caffeine withdrawal to the amount of gluten I'm consuming (which can apparently cause headaches). I'm obviously taking measures to be more hydrated, which is difficult since I'm back at the gym on a regular basis, and I'm drinking much less caffeine, so we'll see what happens.

That's all for now. Have a good week!

No comments: