Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Updates - 3/23/09

In case you've been following along, 2 months to the day until the wedding! To say I'm excited is an understatement :-).

Spring Break -
SB turned out to be pretty eventful, I'm still recovering. This week I spent a lot of time in the gym and doing wedding stuff. On Friday night and all day Saturday I was in Irvine for the National Black Law Students Convention, which was a great experience.

I also had a bridal shower on Thursday thrown by my mother-in-law to be. It was so fun, and Curtis got to be a part of it! Here are a few pics:



Job -
I accepted a position with the Disability Rights Legal Center in downtown Los Angeles! I'm still working on getting funding since it's a public interest organization, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm very excited about my job and am happy that the process was over.

Law School -
Not very happy to be back, but I'm coping.

Wedding - Lots of wedding stuff was done this week - so surprise there.

On Tuesday my mom, grandmother and I went to It's all About the Cake in Dana Point to try out cakes and decide the design. I'm very happy with what we picked - it will be mostly white with some yellow and a fun topper that we still need to go purchase. Later that day Curtis and I got our marriage license and met with our pastor. Then late that night my dad and I went to a private dance lesson for the father-daughter dance (we're doing the rhumba).

On Wednesday my grandmother and I drove some of my shower gifts up to LA, went to lunch, and then spent some time cleaning and organizing the apartment - which is still a mess.

On Thursday, we went to my first dress fitting, where they will do the hem and bustle. Then we went to Paper Source and got the materials for the ceremony programs and the place cards. I was so happy with the help we had picking everything out, it was a much better experience at South Coast Plaza than in Beverly Hills. And we received the invitations while i was there so we started getting everything organized. Invites are probably going out in the beginning of April. There's still a lot to do, but I'm happy with how much is already done.

That's all for now. Have a good week!

1 comment:

sam c.hart jr said...

Glad you are happy with what you got done on your spring break. Good Luck with your school work. I know you will do well.