Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Updates! - 3/2/09

Hello! I'm back for today. It's amazing how busy life has been lately. Here we go:

Weekend: I had a paper due this morning so I had low expectations for this weekend. However, I was able to attend the Public Interest Law Foundation Auction put on by USC Law every year. It was really fun watching students bid on dinners with faculty members and with prominent attorneys, all in the name of public interest. Unfortunately, the fun came to an end on Saturday when I woke up with a severe headache. I was unable to do anything most of the day, although I managed to make it to Pinkberry that night. On Sunday Curtis and I went to brunch and I spent the day finishing my paper.

School: School is tougher this semester because we have so many other distractions. We're trying to find jobs this summer, network, and get involved in school organizations. And there is at least one class, Property, that is pretty difficult to learn, so I'll be putting in a lot of work during April figuring that everything out.

Wedding: We had the tasting about a week ago. We got to choose all of the dishes that would be served, and we tasted the salads and main courses. I have to order the invitations as soon as possible. I also updated my registries and will be doing the cake consultation soon. I'm excited for my bridal showers this month, and I think it's crazy that the wedding is about 80 days away! I'm getting really sentimental and excited about getting married, I even told Curtis yesterday to let me know if I am being too sappy (he said I was OK so far).

Other: First, I finally purchased a gym membership at my complex, and I really like it so far because my schedule is such that the gym is really quiet when I'm there. I'm generally doing 2 miles on the treadmill and then a half hour of weights/resistance exercises. I'm probably in the worst shape of my life, so it's quite the challenge, but a fun (and healthy) hobby.

Second, I had my blood drawn last Friday for Celiac Disease. I'll find out whether it's positive either late this week or early next. If it's positive I will be eating gluten-free going forward. As most of you already know, my dad and brother were diagnosed with it several years ago. I have no idea whether I will be diagnosed, but in the meantime I am eating all of my favorite foods that contain gluten (pita chips, Nestle's break-and-bake cookies, pancakes, Pizza Hut, beer). If diagnosed, I will probably stop eating gluten immediately (although I am undecided as to what to do about my wedding cake - it will depend on what the bakery can do). I do not have severe day-to-day symptoms that indicate the disease, but it was worth testing given the family history since eating gluten can result in long-term damage if undiagnosed. I'll keep the blog posted when I know.

That's it for now...have a good week!

No comments: