Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bar Exam Day 1

Today went as well as could be expected. 2 days to go!

I got a decent 7 hours of sleep last night, hoping for 8 tonight. [update: could not calm my mind to sleep last night, got 5.5 hours, hoping for more for day 3] The hotel that I'm staying at in Ontario is really nice, and is a 5 minute walk from the convention center. I have a nice space with a couch and a coffee table, and a bar with a microwave, sink, and refrigerator so I have more food here than I could possibly need.

It turns out that there are a handful of people from USC taking it here. I am even sitting next to, and in front of people from my old I-L section. And there are two people from that section that are staying at the same hotel, so we had breakfast in the hotel together, and dinner out at The Olive Garden (I got chicken and tried not to go too carb-crazy on the breadsticks and capellini).

Computer worked exactly as it should today, I won't need it again until Thursday. There are about 1400 people taking it here all in the same room (wish I could get pictures!), and it looks like I was the first person to sign up at this location, because I have the lowest application number and am sitting in the left front corner. I'm right next to the bathroom and water fountain, which is great. We also have a really nice proctor (each proctor has about 30 test takers) that has worked this a few times before, already knows all our names and is constantly smiling :-)

The exam itself went well, without going into more detail, I was happy with my performance. Other than some nerves in the morning and some fatigue in the afternoon I felt good. I think more than anything I'm really happy that I'm finally taking it and that I can soon put it behind me.

I've gotten a ton of wonderful well wishes the last few days, they are really boosting my spirits, so thank you, so much!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


2 comments:

sam c.hart jr said...

Glad things are going so well. You go girl!

Adelyn said...

Happy to hear that day one went well - hope today is going the same (or better!).