Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Workout Update

As I said here - my goal was to do 30 workouts of the 30-Day Shred Video. I tracked my progress both on the sidebar of this blog, and on the whiteboard on the refrigerator (I'll post a picture when I finish). I have 8 more workouts to go before it is over.  I wish it could have gone faster, but it goes to show how hard it can be to be motivated to workout, and I can see that the end is near!

I just took my longest break to date, but I got back on it today and did Level 3 from beginning to end for the first time. I hope that the new level will give me enough mental stimulation to keep me going to the end, because I could feel the boredom set in on Level 2, and my body was getting used the movements.

Level 3 is no joke. Most of the movements have modifications to make the move easier, and I had to use those modifications for at least a quarter of the movements. But in doing Level 3, I also saw that my cardio is SO MUCH BETTER than when I started, it's amazing. I just wasn't dying like I was when I started Level 2.  So, there was much to be happy about, and much that will present a challenge as I finish this DVD.

The good thing is I was smart enough to realize that I would get sick of the 30-Day shred, so I already have two more Jillian Michaels DVDs to try: The 6-Week 6 Pack, and her brand-new video - "Ripped in 30." My next goal is to do "Ripped in 30" in 30-40 days, and I hope the fact that it's 4 levels instead of 3 will help. 

The real exciting thing for me, is how much I've seen results. The fact is, my stomach is much smaller and flatter than when I started. I can feel my abs, and my butt is more toned. Level 3 has a lot of movements that will work my quads and hamstrings so I'm excited to see some more tone in that region.  And, I just feel fit, more able to move around, and more healthy. Walking around NYC was so easy last week, and I know that is because of this fitness plan.  I hope to focus more on weight loss when I start "Ripped in 30," which comes with a meal plan (because, lets be honest, I have a significant amount to lose), but I am making progress in converting fat to muscle which improves my metabolism, so all things considered, progress has been made :-).

After I finish the 30 Day Shred, it's doubtful that I'll want to look at it again for awhile. My mom has a copy of it as well, so if anyone wants to try it, let me know and I'd be happy to send it to you! It's also available at Wal-Mart, Target, and on Amazon for a good price. All you need is 3 lb weights, and it's only 30 minutes. I think it's extremely effective and encourage anyone to try it.

No comments: