Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1 More day of 30 Day Shred, then on to Ripped in 30!

Tomorrow is my last JM 30 Day Shred Workout. SOO HAPPY!!!

I have seen SIGNIFICANT CHANGE in my waist, as well as toned up legs and bottom. My upper body is O-K, probably better than 8 weeks ago when I started, but I still need work.." (my cousin Courtney put me to shame when she busted out a set of push-ups when we did the video in PA)

With my first video, I set the goal of doing 30 workouts in 5-6 weeks. That turned out to be extremely difficult, probably because I was tired and hurting for much of it, so it was hard to be motivated. Plus, I was coming off of essentially NO fitness routine, so I had a hard time diving in. Now that I've done the workout most of the last week, I'm feeling better about pain management and endurance, as well as fitting the workout into my schedule (since my hair it not the kind that I can just wash and go with, and I generally HAVE to wash my hair after this workout). And, looking back on the last 8 weeks, I realize that I am in better shape than I've been in for a few years, and am patting myself on the back for working out at least 3 days a week for the last two months.

But, now, I am setting a new, much more ambitious goal! I start "Ripped in 30" on Friday, April 1st. My goal is to finish the video by May 4th! (why May 4th? Because I'll be in Washington D.C. for four days in the middle of April, and want to take a rest, not to mention the fact that when you visit D.C., you're on your feet most of the day anyway). (UPDATE 4/1: end date is now April 30, as I can do 24 workouts in that period of time, with an extended break for DC, which works well b/c I can then start the 6-week six pack on May 1st)

This video has 4 levels, with one level for each week. Jillian wants you to take a day off each week for each level, so I might set the goal at 24-27 workouts, instead of 30, but we'll see. (Now that I've done the first workout, I see that she wants you to do 5-6 workouts each week, so I am aiming to do 6 workouts for each week/level) To get me motivated right away, my goal is to finish week 1 and 2, level 1 and 2, before I go on my trip, which essentially means that I will have only 1 day off in 13 days. We'll see how it goes. (The first day was not easy, but not impossible either, at least as compared to how hard it would have been in February. Week one for six days straight should be fine)

1 comment:

sam c.hart jr said...

You go girl. Good Luck!