Friday, October 12, 2007

My new Blog

I was tired of Christine's Revenge, but I want to at least maintain a blog so that people can know what I'm up to. So here's my first post.

It's Homecoming weekend, which is exciting because a bunch of my friends are coming back to town for the weekend. Stanford is playing Texas Christian University, and Tavita Prichard the quarterback who played against USC when we upset them is playing.

Stanford Football has taken up my weekends, and lately I've been working 45-45 hour weeks so I don't get a lot of free time, but I am applying to law school; here is my "list":

For Sure Applying:
UCLA, USC, Pepperdine, Loyola

Probably Applying:
Georgetown, Stanford, George Washington, Arizona, Iowa, Duke

Might Apply:
Washington, Santa Clara, Berkeley, Davis, USD, Texas

I'm currently at the stage where I'm filling out the applications and working on my statements. That's part of the reason I'm taking a day off next week and going to Mission Viejo for ht weekend.

I'm also retaking the LSAT on December 1st, mostly becuase I didn't perform to my potential the first time because I hadn't slept and was in the middle of finals/finding a job/finding and apartment/graduating. So I'm doing a lot of practice questions in preparation.

Work is....busy. Granted that's what I always say, but lately it's been tough. We have these huge filings which consume my life, last weekend was the first weekend in 3 weeks that I didn't have to work. I was able to attend a hearing on Wednesday on "Class Certification" which is a really important step for class action cases. But I'm still enjoying my work, it's very interesting and will definitely prepare me to be a good lawyer once I'm done with school. With that said, I am very burnt out on work, so yesterday I decided that a trip out of town might raise my spirits. So I put in for the time, got my flight, and I'm coming to Mission Viejo next Thursday evening and will be there until Monday morning. I already have some plans - Curtis is taking me out on Friday night, there's some family stuff on Saturday and I want to go to church on Sunday, but overall I think it will be a relaxing visit and a good opporunity to have some quiet time on Friday while everyone is gone at work/school to work on my applications.

Anyway, that's the jist of my life, and I hope I will be able to post more about what's going on soon!

~Christine

No comments: