Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Moment of Truth, and other brainless television

Thank to the writers' strike, there isn't much quality TV out there. Here's a rundown of what I've been watching:

The Good:
American Gladiators - I loved the show with I was little and I love the show now. I only wish they spent less time interviewing the contenders.


Deal of No Deal - I've had an odd relationship with Deal or no Deal. At first I couldn't watch it because I couldn't watch people act irrationally. Now I'm addicted, because I crave the uncertainty of what's in each case.

Project Runway - The ONE show that I usually watch that is still new. Thank goodness :-)

Honorable Mention: "A" Daily Show and the Colbert Report. You can't have (in)Decision 08 without them, and even without writers they have yet to disappoint.


The Bad:
Repeats of Gossip Girl - I love that show, but these kind of shows depend on fresh stories, so I have to say that I hope this strike ends soon because as much as I hate to admit it, I'm losing interest.

Making the Band 4 - Aubrey obviously loves the attention, the boys are too young for my taste, and Diddy has yet to convince me that he can put together the next great act.


The Ugly:
Moment of Truth - I don't understand this show. First, there's no point in lying because everyone is going to find out the truth anyway, unless the lie detector was wrong. Plus a game show that relies on a lie detector is pretty sketchy anyway.

Dance War - In all fairness, I usually end up watching American Gladiators or Deal or No Deal instead, but from the little I've watched, it's awful. I hate that the stage is huge and that the camera keeps jumping around so you can hardly see anything. Carrie Ann and Bruno seem very awkward in this environment, and how can this show compete with AI?

Fortunately - Big Brother is coming back, and it's on 3 times a week, as well as Survivor and ANTM. Also, Lost starts up again tomorrow so I think I might finally jump on the bandwagon.

I hope the strike ends soon! Go writers :-)

No comments: