Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Morning


I have a bad habit - I'm always awake on Saturday morning well before I'd like to be. Often it's before I wake up on a weekday, which is really annoying. But, since I'm on vacation, I'll just take a nap this afternoon before dinner.

Curtis and I are spending the weekend w/ my parents & Jon at the Rancho Mirage Westin. Our room is so nice, and I'm out here on the patio with a view of the pool playing on my laptop. Because I'm not in the mood to work (it's hard to get motivated to read employment discrimination cases on a Saturday morning in the desert), I thought I'd post a quick blog update.

Nothing has really changed since my last post, but I only have about 2.5 weeks left of my job at the Disability Rights Legal Center. I think most of that time will be spent tying up loose ends. It's amazing how fast 10 weeks goes - I understand why people during their summers complain that they didn't get much done - there just isn't time. I was fortunate to be able to work on two briefs for the lead Litigation attorney, and I think I made a good impression with my work product - we will see.

Last year I did my summer movie list - movies I hoped to see, and then movies that I did, in fact, see. Well, didn't set that up this year, but I have seen some interesting movies. The Hangover was good, and My Sister's Keeper was good but Tracy and I cried the entire time. Harry Potter was okay - I want to see it again while fully awake. Transformers II was surprisingly good, if you ignore the plot, and Bruno was disappointing. It's nice living walking distance from a theater and having a roommate who likes movies - we've gotten out to see many of the big ones this year.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your weekend as much as I am enjoying mine. I'll try to do an update soon. August is a big month for job searching - so big changes ahead. School starts August 24, so I'll have a few weeks where my schedule is more flexible. I'm thinking a trip to the Bay Area might be in the works.

Reminder - I put a bunch of wedding photos on our family blog: christineandcurtis.blogspot.com. Most of the same photos are on facebook.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

sam c.hart jr said...

I have the same annoying habit. I usually just get up and do something instead of fuss because I am awake. Glad you are enjoying your little get away. Thanks for blogging. Take care.